Monday, September 22, 2008

Home, Please

Zeke probably thinks this hotel is home. So, we can't wait to get him home-home to much more spacious quarters and to his two kitties. (We can't help but miss our furry babies who have kept our arms from being empty for so many years.)

We now wait to find out if we can catch our flight out of Vietnam Friday night. PLEASE pray that we can indeed make this flight. It's not that we don't love Vietnam (we do!) or haven't had fun (we have!) but we're all just ready to be in our own home and to find a routine. Here, each day is different. We try to keep him on a regular eating and napping schedule but it's hard. Once we get home, we can give him more structure and I think that will make him a bit happier.

We continue to feel better. We ate some breakfast and have mapped our meals for the rest of today. We may try to get over to the famous water puppet show this evening...and it just so happens there's a KFC nearby. I'm sure it sounds awful, eating at an American chain here but hey, if you'd been through the stomach travails we've had, you'd also want something with a familiar taste. Speaking of taste...Zeke has expanded his eating repertoire tremendously. He has had bread, banana, banana cake (not as sugary as it sounds), apple juice, baby food pears, scrambled egg, and baby food chicken. We hope to keep adding things to his diet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Zeke on the Michael Phelps diet?
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/michael-phelps-diet/656342/

trav said...

you've got to be kidding me... KFC makes me want to puke just thinking about it... you all are an odd bunch... wired different.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are feeling better. Enjoy the colonel.

GLS said...

Enjoy the KFC...maybe you can show them the chicken dance while you're there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIT5sFhw4sU

Wendy said...

Hey, I know what it's like to hit such lows as to "want" to eat KFC. Been there, done that. Asia can make you do strange things! :) Be sure to eat some Pho!

Mrs. Misty said...

I am praying that you will be able to travel Friday!!! My offer still stands...I would love to be there to welcome you home!!! I am sure there is another couple that would also like to be there...if you feel like a welcome committee that is. I hope the KFC treats you right...it doesn't sound that great to me, but I haven't been having the issues you are. We are soooooo ready for you 3 to come home!!
Love,
Joel, Misty, Garrett & Isabel

Anonymous said...

hopefully you can get your medicals earlier-try for WEdnesday...maybe you can go and wait! The KFC is NOT like KFC's in America, which I'm sure you'll find out if you did end up going...I'd worry more about being sick THERE (seriously). I lived on the peanut butter diet over there towards the end, and we were so psyched to have a salad once we got back to America. Hang tough, and we hope you get that good news about Friday.
Love
Kel