Showing off his mad walking skillz.
Happy, happy boy!
Inspecting Daddy's hairy leg.
Happy in Daddy's lap!Some random Zeke-ness:
*Last night, we laid him on our bed before we all went to sleep on the big fluffy comforter. He flipped onto his belly, put his cheek on the comforter and ran his hand across it back and forth. You could just see his little brain working...like he'd never seen or felt anything so soft. He also rubbed Brad's hairy leg like this was a new thing too (see photo above).
*He loves to throw things! Brad and I are encouraging all of his playfulness and he seems to enjoy throwing things...He cracks himself up when he does it!
*He likes congee (blah!). There was some on the breakfast buffet this morning and he ate it right up. Thanks to Joanne for letting us in on this little secret...Lang Son babies dig congee!!
*He's itching to talk. He jabbers all the time. His nanny seemed to be telling us that she had tried to get him to say Ma-ma. He's trying! And when I fed him congee this morning, it sounded like he said, "Num-num."
*He hates to get his face washed. He's snotting around a good bit but when I whisk out the bulb to try to relieve him, he's none too happy. And when a "sheep's leg" hangs out of his nose, he really resists getting it wiped away.
*He's curious about diapers. It's our understanding that in the orphanage, they really don't wear diapers so this is a whole new thing for him. He's ok with it but you can tell this is something new.
*When he sleeps, he's OUT. Efforts to awaken him are futile until he's ready to be awakened. The maid was in this morning while he napped. She asked about running the vaccuum. I told her to have at it. He didn't even stir.
*We see more and more of his personality all the time. He's SO cute!
*There's a play room at the hotel. We took him there after breakfast. There was a riding toy shaped like an elephant. The baby sits on the elephant's back and holds on and then you pull the baby around the room. He seemed to enjoy it.
*His nanny must have held him all the time. He loves to be held.
*He spent some time this morning touching Brad's face. This was so sweet. I think it's his way of getting to know us.
In case you can't tell, we are in love!!
Thank you for all your sweet comments and prayers. We are giddy every morning to check to see who has commented and what they had to say. Many of your comments make us smile or laugh...some make us tear up (and that's ok too!!). We have felt your prayers lifting us up. Yesterday was so emotional. While we were overjoyed to become parents, it was so bittersweet because it was clear to us that Zeke's birthmother loves him very much. She holds a very special place in our hearts and will always be an important part of Zeke's life. We will pray for her always.
5 comments:
I didn't even make it until morning!!! Keep these posts coming!!! Garrett is too fond of the bulb either!!! I guess I should try it on myself sometime to see what the nbig deal is about...don't think I haven't considered it a time or two either!! Maybe Brad will be the guinea pig for us!! Give Zeke and hug and kiss for us. Garrett can't wait to hang out with his pal.
Love,
Joel, Misty, Garrett & Isabel
Looks like he is adjusting well. He is so cute! I love that you have been adding video to your post.
Hugs
Michelle
I am loving all the pictures and video y'all have been sharing. Zeke is such a cutie!!
I guess Congee is the meal of choice, ha ha...Katie would not touch the stuff (hurrah!). We have found that whatever we are eating Katie will try. I'll pm you what "I" said when asked that question just this week in the supermarket about adoption costs-ironic that you should post this right now! He looks JUST great, and I'm SO happy for both of you.
Love
Kel
Missy, you know that you and I have never met face to face. One of these days, maybe God will make the arrangements. So it's really special to share in this with you and Brad. Knowing where you (and the rest of our endo group) came from, I just about fall apart with happy tears with every new picture. God Bless your new family. He's is SUCH a cutie!
Crystal
Post a Comment