Our G&R has been set. We leave the hotel at 5:30AM (!) Friday. We're not yet sure what this means for our return plane tickets, which have us leaving out of Hanoi late next Friday. We will have to consult our agency guides about this. We have enjoyed our free time but are more than ready to get Zeke. He turns 11 months old tomorrow.
Now that we know that we have a firm appointment, we are relieved. I also have found a silver lining in NOT having the G&R tomorrow: it gives me a day to get my stomach back on track...it's been feeling a little off kilter today. I haven't had any bad episodes but my stomach definitely would be put to the test if I had to ride in a van 6 hours total tomorrow. So pray that my stomach will resolve its issues before Friday morning.
A list of prayer requests:
*Our emotional strength
*Zeke, as his life is about to undergo profound changes
*Zeke's birth mother who we expect to meet Friday
*The nanny who has cared for Zeke
*The driver and agency workers who will escort us to Lang Son and through this process
*The officials who will make it all legal
*The three other adoptive families who are going to Lang Son
*The babies, birth parents, and nannies of these families
13 comments:
Be sure that we pray for you and that we wait for your G&R to happen. Love.
Benedicte
m's------eat lightly, don't enjoy too much food, take care of your stomach, you'll need it. loveya, m0m
I've made many trips in "vans" across southeast asia. Be SURE to take Dramamine. Your adrenaline will offset the drowsiness. Seriously! You'd rather be a little drowsy than sick to your stomach!
Brad and Missy, I can't tell you how thrilled we are for you and how moved we are by this whole experience. May God bless you and Zeke and all others involved with this miracle. Ugh, I can't wait to see him!!!!
Okay - so clarify for all of us "timezone challenged" people - what time will it be here when you are having the G&R?? We want to be with you in thought and prayer at that moment!
May I be of assistance on the time zone difference? We have international customers so I am familiar. Vietnam is 11 hours ahead of EST. As I write this it is Weds the 17th, 9:38 AM EST. In Vietnam, it's Weds Sept 17 8:38pm. Hope that helps! Had to edit. Sorry. Oh, and that makes them 12 hours.
We're praying for you and sending calm tummy vibes your way.
Yeaa!! I'm so glad the G&R is finally scheduled for Friday. I hope all your stomach issues resolves itself before you head out to finally meet Zeke! You are in my thoughts and prayers on your final leg of your adoption journey to your son.
Laura
RIGHT ON!
Very excited to hear that it is happening at last. Will be looking forward to reading your story on Sat am our time.
Love
Kel
Missy, you should still be able to depart next Friday, if all goes well. Just make sure Kenny and Martin know of your flight schedule. We had our G&R on a Friday and another family with us was able to make their Thursday departure.
You are almost there. My thoughts and prayers will be will you, Zeke, his birth mother and nanny on Friday. It will be an emotional day - bring those tissues!
Hugs!
Julie
I second Greg & Laura...I have to really think about all of this!!! We will be thiking of you tonight...our time as you take off in the van...your time!!! This is so weird!!! You are almost there, hang in!!!!
Love,
Joel, Misty, Garrett & Isabel
I'm grateful other Wesleyites are as time zone challenged as I am! Although, I did figure the time and day difference out all by myself !!! I'll be saying prayers as you head out on yet another leg of your journey to be joined with your little man. I'm just imagining the first time you look into each others eyes...
Love to you - Jill
God is so good.
I am so excited for you! I will be waiting with anticipation for your first post--"post-Zeke". On another note...I highly suggest a cocktail of imodium and some anti-nausua medicine if you can find it. Take crackers on the van and sit where you can see the road ahead of you.
I am just SOOOO excited for you. He's almost in your arms, and home. We are praying with all our might. That little boy has the best parents God could send him...I can't wait for him to find out. I wish I were there to hug you.
I love you so much my dearest friend! KT
Oh, ps--Tula is 10 months today....its almost like us!! one day apart. (except for the one month....:)
Post a Comment