Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Drive-Thru

A mom must have invented the drive-thru. I can think of nothing more convenient than a drive-thru when you've got a baby in a car seat. Yesterday, I was jones-ing for a Diet Coke but I didn't want to haul Zeke out of his car seat just to dash into the convenience store for two seconds. Then I realized...I can DRIVE THRU someplace and get a drink. Brilliant! That's one of only several revelations I've had the last two days as I've traveled around town, just me and my little man. Businesses that don't have automatic doors for people in wheelchairs are a pain for moms with strollers. Thankfully, there's usually some kind person around to help but trying to navigate it on your own is tough.

4 comments:

kingsport said...

NOTHING LIKE ON THE JOB TRAINING. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. LOVE YOU, ALL, GRAND-PA RON..

Mrs. Misty said...

AMEN!!! Get this though...Dillards, Children's Clothing entrance...NO automatic door!!! They even have expectant mother parking and everything!! BUT, NO auto-door!!!
Misty

Anonymous said...

hey-never knew how handy a simple drive-thru was until a baby!! i always wished the post-office had a drivethru for just stamps! so many times i had to lug QB out of the car just for much needed stamps--------and in the rain!!! ugh! from now on you will always be more mindful of someone with a child struggling to get in/out doors. the homecoming pics were sweet. loveya, m0m alias lolo

Anonymous said...

you've got spunk girl! I only use our stroller for walks and easy hikes...otherwise I have her in the carrier, or throw her in the available carts after I wipe them down! I too hit a drive through for a regular coke yesterday-made me laugh to hear you did the same...
Love
Kel