We're off this morning to the Temple of Literature with another WC family. Chicken Boy will be making an appearance, no doubt. We decided that if Brad is Chicken Boy, then Zeke is Chicken Little. Ha ha ha ha! I woke up this morning and thought, "Two mornings from now, we will wake up and Zeke will be in his little crib in our room." WOW! It's amazing! Brad had a bit of a rough night (though I was apparently in a coma and didn't hear any of it) so prayers for his tummy. My stomach feels better today.
The time zone debate had me laughing this morning. Brad and I have adapted a schtick by comedian Hugh Fink about time zones. It goes something like this:
"It's 9AM here. What time is it there?"
"It's 2008 here. What year is it there?"
"It's the industrial revolution here. What is it - the Renaissance there?"
So, the simplest way to remember the time difference for our friends in the Central Time Zone is that Vietnam is 12 hours ahead (if it's noon there, it's midnight here). All the other time zones can figure it out based on the Central Time Zone. (Crystal, great explanation...thanks for that!) Here's the important thing to remember: When you're going to bed Thursday, we're getting up Friday and going to Lang Son. We will get Zeke while you are in bed. So, you might say a prayer for us and everyone else before you hit the hay Thursday night. We hope to have at least a photo of the THREE of us posted when you wake up Friday morning. If not, just keep checking...we'll get there! WOW!! How will we ever sleep tonight?!?!
Oh yeah...and Brad installed a clock on the blog that shows Vietnam time. Enjoy!
4 comments:
Thanks for the explanation!!! I finally figured it all out this afternoon. I guess us Midwesterners have a hard time with the difficult things. I might just have to stay up late tomorrow night, I will also have to fight the urge to come check the blog when I get up in the middle of the night!!! Thinking and praying for you always!!
Love,
Misty
I had to laugh at your new clock on the blog -- it's pretty helpful. The other way to check the day/time is just to google, "time in Vietnam". LOL Which I have done a couple times since I'm a EST gal.
Have fun today and hope both of you are feeling well tomorrow for your family's BIG day. You both are in my thoughts and prayers each day.
Laura
You are so close now. Hopefully you guys can get some sleep tonight so you are ready for tomorrow. I know I would toss and turn out of excitement all night so good luck.
Hugs
Michelle
LOVE the clock!!
I have a whole box of kleenex by my desk for tomorrow morning when I check your blog! I just am "high" waiting to see your first family photo. Praying for your (and your tummies)
Crystal
Post a Comment