Saturday, September 06, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Nine years ago today, we got married at Allandale Mansion in Kingsport, Tennessee. It rained that morning but it cleared up in time to dry the chairs and have a beautiful wedding in the garden behind the mansion. Here's what we had on our invitations...song lyrics from the Broadway musical "The Secret Garden":

Come to my garden,
Nestled in the hills.
There I'll keep you safe beside me.

Come to my garden.
Rest there in my arms.
There I'll see you
Safely grown and on your way.

Stay there in the garden,
Where love grows free and wild.
Come to my garden.
Come, sweet child.

Lift me up and lead me to the garden,
Where life begins anew.
Where I'll find you,
And I'll find you love me too.

I shall see you in the garden,
Where spring will come and stay.
Come to my garden,
Come, sweet day!


Marrying Brad made me the happiest girl in the world. I love you, Brad with all my heart. I can't wait to begin this new chapter of our lives together:

Stay there in the garden,
Where love grows free and wild.
Come to my garden.
Come, sweet child.

No comments: