Well, sometimes we sleep too. I crashed this morning right along with the baby. Brad crashed yesterday morning. Sometimes we find something amusing on TV to watch (Jimmy Kimmel, anyone?). But we also really like looking for funny stuff on YouTube. Among our favorite finds today? This great Star Wars edit of Darth Vader being a jerk. Quite clever.
Today, we all got up around 5AM. Zeke had a bottle and shortly thereafter laid back down for a little snooze. We were up and stayed up. Then he woke up and we got him dressed and went down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. He's a pretty good sport about it but definitely wants in on the eating action. We again fed him congee. We also mushed up a banana and gave him tiny, tiny pieces. Today was the first time he had juice with us (apple). After breakfast, we went to Highlands Coffee. Brad had "opera cake" and I had a caramel frozen coffee drink. Yum! The baby got a bit restless so he and Brad came back up to the room while I finished and paid. Then, Zeke took a bottle and a nap. He woke up after noon and we packed him up for a walk. We went to what is quickly becoming a favorite place to get sandwiches. It's a french bakery shop called l'Epicerie. They have DELICIOUS ham and cheese croissants (me) and quiche lorraine (Brad). They also have great breads, cakes, petit fours and ice cream. After that, we walked to Hoan Kiem Lake and saw troupes of young girls dancing for a film crew. It was interesting to watch them. Then we walked around the perimeter of the Old Quarter. Zeke was getting hot (me too!) so we took a cab back to the hotel. Then, we put on our suits and headed for the pool. Zeke really enjoys the water. We get in the baby pool with him. We came back to the room, he had a bottle and is now in bed for the second nap. We will wake him up in a little while to go out for dinner. This will be our first dinner out since his arrival. We'll see how he does!
Photos from today's big adventure:
Made with Slideshow Embed Tool
4 comments:
I can't get enough of looking at the pictures. Zeke is so handsome (adorable, cute, I could go on and on...) Previous pictures (although also cute) didn't do him justice so I know he'll be even more adorable in person! Can't wait to meet him. I had a terrible time deciding but narrowed it down to printing 4 pictures to take w/ me today (I'd print more but J. thought we'd better allow a little class time!) I'm curious about rice congee - have you figured out how to make it Brad? Take Care. C&J
Sounds like he is doing great! We loved that restaurant too. :) Glad to hear he is enjoying the water, and enjoying both of you. I am now praying you have your Visa appointment on Thursday! :D
Love
Kel
Hi,
Congratulations, Zeke is adorable! I am so happy for you guys! I love watching your blog.
Gretchen
Too cute!!! Love the "Pappy" hat!! Hurry home!! Love yens!
Post a Comment