Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Cardinal Rule and Why You Don't Break it

It's after 6PM here. We just awoke from a LONG afternoon nap. Brad was quite disoriented when I asked him if he wanted to get up now so he could be sure to sleep through the night. My cardinal rule of international travel (other than don't drink the water when in doubt) is don't take a long nap when you arrive. But we collapsed. We will collapse again in a few hours. We are tired.

We meet with our agency staff tomorrow to find out when our Giving and Receiving (G&R) ceremony will be. I talked to our agency's staff on the phone briefly today and he said our G&R is Wednesday but would confirm tomorrow. By the way, here's how we got the deal on our hotel. Our agency booked us a single bedroom (totally fine because there's just going to be the 3 of us) but when we arrived, the hotel staff said they only had 2 bedrooms and would upgrade us for free. SCORE! So, that's it. If you want a 2 bedroom when you come over, don't risk it and ask for a single. I think this was kind of a fluke.

Thankfully, Brad is in charge of posting most of the multi-media so he did that while I unpacked. A few of my thoughts so far:
*We were so blessed with smooth flights. There was very little turbulence. Most of our flights were early!! Truly a miracle from God! I'm already praying that the flights home will be just as good when there's 3 instead of 2!
*Our favorite game around the hotel is "spotting the new families." It's so cool to see all the families with their adopted children.
*Vietnamese children are beautiful. There were a bunch of kids in the hotel restaurant when we had lunch there today. They were so cute!
*The Vietnamese love them some US dollars.
*I can't wait to get me and Zeke matching cone hats!! We've seen them everywhere. Practical and stylish!
*The reality is STARTING to set in. WE'RE HERE!!!
*Thank you for all your prayers. When I felt tired or worried, I thought of all of you praying for us and how God had made provision for this journey and I was fine. That and the Coke Light. The Coke Light at breakfast helped refresh me too. Ha ha ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey y'all---------great to read the blog, yep you made it! just AMAZING! i can imagine all the prayers for you!! love ya, m0m

Laura said...

I'm loving the pics and videos so far. I'm so glad you two made it safely!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all is well, and very exciting about the upgrade to the room-when we went it was "high season" so we weren't able to even TRY and reserve a one bedroom...very cool for you! Katie and I have matching hats too. :) Can't wait to hear when that G n R officially is. Am very excited for you both, and it truly is a trip to remember, so take it all in, and let your emotions FLOW! Once you get your arms around Zeke, it is a whole new world!!!
Love
Kel