Monday, April 21, 2008

Tunes, prayers and other random thoughts

I discovered a new tune while in Vegas. It's "Work That" by Mary J. Blige. Fun times. It played on a loop outside the big mall on the strip known as "Fashion Show."

Last night, I was at church to help with the youth group like I normally do on Sunday nights. (Brad was at rehearsal for Seussical the Musical. It's his last theatrical endeavor before the baby arrives. I couldn't audition because the production takes place during my Europe trip.) I had out my "brag book" full of baby photos. Our youth director, Julie put it in the middle of the table, had all the youth leaders put their hands on it and she prayed over Zeke and the entire process. I just cried because it was so moving and well, I just needed that...to hear someone else pray in such earnest over our baby and the adoption process. It meant a lot.

We watched a good movie over the weekend on DVD: Jindabyne. It's an Australian film that delves into the issue of loss. It's appropriately slow and quite sad and Gabriel Byrne and Laura Linney turn in excellent performances. (I don't know why but I just dig Gabriel Byrne's acting skillz.)

We're going wild with anticipation over the big movies coming out soon:
*Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (at last!)
*Iron Man
*Prince Caspian (the next Chronicle of Naria turned into cinematic goodness)
*Dark Knight (Christian Bale as Batman...does it get any better than this?)

No comments: