Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Miracles

Adoption is a miracle. I've said it before: I'm in awe of this process. I'm also in awe of the power of prayer. Thank you for praying over this adoption with us.

Our church has a prayer shawl ministry. Women who work in the ministry make shawls for new moms and blankets for babies. A woman who adopted a child years ago made my shawl and Zeke's blanket. She chose to make them using beautiful green yarn, the perfect color for the nursery and my favorite color. She gave them to us shortly after we got matched to our baby. As she knitted, she prayed for us and the baby. Before we got the blanket and shawl, they had been draped over the alter in the church, blessed by the pastors and the congregation prayed over them. What an amazing ministry.

On a lighter note...
What do you think? Should I resist the urge to buy Zeke some stuffed animals? I've already bought him some, of course. I LOVE the soft beanie babies. I stumbled upon a huge selection of cheap BBs at one of the local Hallmarks today. They had all kinds and sizes but I like the mid-sized ones that are extra soft. I didn't buy any but I think I'm going back tomorrow and will buy a couple.

I have all his toys and stuff animals (we don't have THAT much stuff yet) set out in the nursery. I've got the bedding set up. I've got all his blankets (and my shawl) draped across the crib. I go in there, touch his things, pray for him and imagine what it will be like to have him in his room at last. *sigh* I pray that it's soon!!

3 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

It's funny you mention stuffed animals because that is Emma's FAVORITE! I don't know why, but she prefers something plush over things that make noise and light up. Maybe Zeke is the same way...so go ahead and indulge the Beanie Babies!!

GLS said...

I say buy some stuffed animals - a little retail therapy never hurt anyone! I hope you guys get news soon that you can file your I-600...I know you can't wait! We have Zeke's picture on our fridge and say a little prayer for him every day. Love you guys,
Laura

vinceandalisa said...

Go for the BB's!! I'm sure Vince will confiscate my debit card when we receive our referral!!
Alisa :)