Ghent ROCKS! It's so much better than Brugge...way less tourist-y and more chic. I haven't seen a tacky outfit on the street yet! Just to tell you what a fashionable town it is: My arrival coincides with the start of the annual summer sale in all the shops!! I had a fun time this afternoon wandering the main shopping street, checking out the bargains. I found a lovely, flowy summer dress for less than $20 and a cute cap from Esprit. I'm going to wear my summer dress this evening when I sit outside by the canal and have something good to drink.
Checking into a Marriott was like coming home in a small way. I got upgraded to the executive level and a junior suite. Since they don't have a lounge up here, they gave me drink and snack coupons for their restaurant AND free breakfast both days. Sweet! Plus, the location of the hotel is killer...right on the canal near the old guild houses. I'm very pleased that I'm staying 2 nights here. I leave very early Thursday morning for Paris. I'm so glad I saved Paris for last. I'm looking forward to this part of my trip most of all. I can't help it. I simply love it.
I will continue to have limited access to the web but will update as soon as I can.
1 comment:
m's----sounds absolutely splendid!! loveya--m0m
Post a Comment