Monday, July 21, 2008

Showered with Love

I had a fantastic shower on Saturday...Thanks to everyone who came!!! I hope to post some photos this week. The food was wonderful, the restaurant was lovely, and we just had a great time.

I knew this would happen...I had predicted that after the shower, I would be READY TO GO GET THE BABY. Well, sure enough, I'm really READY NOW! Having said that, I still have a lot of things to do before we travel. We don't have a big stroller or car seat yet. No pacifiers or diapers. We just got bottles a little more than a week ago. The nursery is a mess right now with shower goodies spread out everywhere. So, I've got to get organized. And packing for the trip? I haven't even started. I did look at suitcases this weekend and that made me feel productive. I'm looking for a good deal on a suitcase with 360 degree wheels. That's the way to go, I've discovered. My big suitcase that went to Europe is about to fall apart and we will NOT be taking a suitcase to Vietnam that is on its last leg. So, we need to buy 1 or 2 big suitcases. Once we do that, I'll pack stuff from us and others for the orphanage. Then, we'll pack Zeke's stuff (clothes, toys, meds, etc). We may not pack for ourselves until we get approval, though I already have a mental checklist of what I want to wear and take. At work, it's a busy time between now and the August 5th primary election. Once we clear that hurdle, I'll REALLY be off my rocker and dying to get over there!! I'm trying very hard to be patient...

4 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

yay Showers! Are you registered anywhere?

Mrs. Misty said...

The shower was fabulous!! I was so thrilled to get to share in your special day. I have a CD with the pictures I took for you!!
Love,
Misty

GLS said...

I had so much fun at your shower! Can't wait to see Zeke playing with all of his great new things! I just have this feeling you guys are going to be hearing something soon! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Michelle and Peter said...

So happy you had a great shower. Now if you could just go get that baby. I hope you hear news soon.

Michelle