How about because you haven't trained? Nah, that wasn't enough to stop me and Brad. We completed the Y Not Run 10k this morning. Whoo-Hoo! Kudos to Brad for running the entire course. Neither of us had done ANY training. This course is tough...tons of hills and they save the killer hill for the END! Yikes! One of my running buddies from college used to call those killer hills "thigh masters" so I thought about that today as I did a combination of walking and running. Since I started running, I don't like to do races where I can't run the whole way but without proper training, there was no way I was running that entire course. Even though I did a mix of walking and running, I still finished the 10k in just under 1 hour and 9 minutes. Not too bad.
We were at a going away party last night for a friend and we were talking to another friend of ours who has a 3-year-old. She implored us to go away one more time before Zeke gets here. We've been thinking about a weekend in Eureka Springs...one more fling, just the two of us. So, that might be in the works.
Hope you're having a super weekend!
1 comment:
Hey- I didn't know there was a 10k today!!! We would have run, too!
Glad you're back...sounds like the countdown is on!
Post a Comment