Thursday, August 17, 2006

Earth Mama

I'm turning into an earth mama! I've decided to have some acupuncture treatments (like I don't have enough needles going into my body everyday!). When I asked Dr. DeRosa what I could do to improve our chances of success, the only thing he suggested was acupuncture. There's even an article in the latest Prevention magazine about studies that show acupuncture helps with IVF success. Dr. DeRosa gave me contact info for a licensed acupuncturist with whom he works. I talked to her on the phone yesterday. Her rates are very reasonable so I've got an appointment each day I'm in St Louis next week. Then (here's the cool part), she's going to come to the hospital the day of embryo transfer and do a treatment immediately before and immediately after. The idea is to help you relax and reduce uterine contractions thus improving conditions for implantation. I'm so excited! So, with my daily granola bar, long hair, meditation and acupuncture, I feel like I'm becoming a true earth mama! Pass the nuts and twigs!

The injections went fine last night, once I got everything mixed. I hope I'm doing everything right! Since I'm highly prone to suggestion, I felt kinda weird after the injections, sure I was having a blood clot, kidney failure or some other unlikely side effect. I feel fine this morning. So far, the Repronex has not caused a welt, which is fairly common. It's sore at that injection site but nothing too bothersome. I keep telling myself...It's only for a few days (I'll probably get to stop these on Sunday the 27th or thereabouts).

Brad and I went for a walk last night. We had a great talk about the whole process, where we are in our lives, how we'll handle both possible outcomes, etc. It was good to talk without any distractions. I feel like this has brought us closer together...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is one of the reasons why i'm such an advocate of wilderness... nature brings clarity during times of stress and provides oportunities to clense ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally. if things are bad, a long walk in the woods with as much water as you can drink helps more than anything. go nature mama! i can't wait to see your hairy arm pits!

Anonymous said...

Hey Granola Girl! I'm proud of you! Acupuncture and time to stroll and talk?! Who are you!?! just jokes! sounds like you and Jocephus are doing good. still praying for y'all! don't forget who blessed you with the outdoors and thank Him for everything! :) Love yuns!