Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cautiously Optimistic

At the ultrasound this morning, I lay on the bed in a different room than we had Monday. On the ceiling of this room was a picture of a landscape from out west...big reddish formations, desert-like...I believe it was called High Point (trav and mel, do you know where this is?). I just gazed at it and relaxed, thinking "serenity now." First, the tech said my uterine lining was looking better. It has thickened up. Then, there was a measurable follicle on the right side, at 1.2mm. The left side was better with one follicle measuring 9mm. We won't know the blood results until after 4PM today. We *should* get better news since there are measurable follicles. I'll let you know!! Thank you for the many prayers, positive vibes, and babydust you've sent my way...

We made it to St Louis last night around 10:30. We just had breakfast. We're back in the hotel room now. We're killing some time before my acupuncture appointment at noon. Speaking of acupuncture, let me tell you that now I'm a believer!! I was quite skeptical about acupuncture before I had my treatment Monday. But the gal was super nice and answered all my questions. I didn't feel the needles going in. She put them in my ear, arm, legs, feet and lower abdomen. When I told her there were no measurable follicles Monday (this is before we knew the blood results), she said she'd work on improving blood flow to the uterus and increasing estrogen. She also told me to take one moment at a time through this process and live for today. Very much in line with Christian meditation.

BTW, the large needle in the photo from the previous post is NOT the needle I use for the injection. It's the mixing needle. I call it the Horse Needle. I'd go wild if I ever accidentally injected myself with that thing!! The other photo shows one of the injection needles. A month ago, I had a hard time imagining myself doing daily injections. Now, it's just part of the routine.

Continue to keep us in your prayers. This is a long road. I'm glad we're not on it alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still Prayin'! Cautiously optimistic...that's a good way to put it! OK. Love yuns!