A little Shakespeare anyone?!?! That line from Romeo and Juliet has gone through my mind the past two nights as I've given myself the Lupron shots. It doesn't take long for the meds to knock me out (a TKO from Tokyo). Last night was better...At least I made it through some of the 10PM news. I didn't really have any night sweats last night. I'm so thankful that the Lupron isn't causing me any major problems. I even went to my usual Saturday morning aerobics class. For anyone who is interested in learning about the journey of infertile peeps, I would recommend a book I just got from the library. It's called Infertility: A survival guide for couples and those who love them. It was written by a Christian couple who detail their own journey and inteviewed other couples. I'm only three chapters in but it's great.
Saturdays are fabulous. I'm so thankful that even in the midst of all the IVF stuff that's starting up, I can find peace, comfort and happiness in small things and unexpected places. I was listening to Car Talk in the car today. I got such a kick out of listening to the hosts of the show laugh. Their laughter is totally contagious! Then I came home and started reading my book and the kitties curled up with me. I'm so thankful my arms are not empty!
When I'm ready to read something totally unrelated to TTC, I've got this cool book of ghost stories from Cape May, New Jersey to enjoy. (Ok, yes, this book will probably make me unable to sleep, even with the Lupron since I have long suspected a Civil War era ghost haunts our house!) Well, our black cat Pierre Clovis has just passed out on the floor here in front of the computer. He is the picture of relaxation. I think I'll join him...
No comments:
Post a Comment