So, just to let you know where we stand and what comes next in the process:
We have our CFC (Child For Consideration)...that's Zeke! YAY!
In approximately three months, we will get notice from our case manager that it's time to file our I-600. This is the form asking the US government to agree that Zeke is truly an orphan. It's supposed to take the US government 60 working days to process this form but it's taking much longer. Once that approval comes in, we travel a week or two later.
So, two more big steps: filing the I-600 and getting I-600 approval. We're stuck until we get these two steps out of the way. We are in constant prayer over this process, asking God to expedite the remaining steps, to safeguard us and Zeke in the process. There's a lot of frustration because the US government is taking so long to process the I-600s. We are not at that step yet so I'm remaining calm until we see what happens in our case. There are many families though just waiting for that approval. That's the only thing standing between them and their babies. I pray for them too. International adoption is not for the faint of heart...
No comments:
Post a Comment