Monday, March 10, 2008

Is another trip to Europe in the cards for Missy?!?!

I just got word today that I'm eligible to re-apply for the fellowship I had in 2003 that allowed me to spend THREE weeks in Germany and Belgium. Can I just tell you that the two fellowship trips I've had to Europe (the one last summer and the one in 2003) have been some of the best times of my life?!?! Seriously! I got to stay in really excellent hotels, learn interesting information from top leaders, do some sightseeing and attend some cultural events...The hardest part was being away from Brad. Last summer when I was in Europe, we didn't even talk on the phone once while I was away...partly because I was SOOO busy and had a very hectic travel schedule (remember, breakfast in Poland, lunch in Paris, dinner in Brussels?) and partly because we did instant messaging several times and sent several emails. Plus, I was only gone a week. I remember how very much I missed Brad though in 2003 when I was gone for 3 weeks. I don't yet know if I'm going this year or how long I'll be gone (2 weeks or 3). I'll keep you posted. But I'm giddy with the thought that I'll get to do this again! Some photos from my 2003 trip to Germany:

Missy sleeps in a cathedral in Meissen, Germany. It had been a long day!

Missy interviews Rolf, a German POW during World War II who was held in Missouri!

No comments: