We had a beautiful day here yesterday! I was off for Good Friday and enjoyed the prayer vigil at church as well as "prayer driving" through a nearby neighborhood. We went to the Good Friday service last night. It was the beginning of the youth vigil at our church. They're camped out at the foot of a big wooden cross, very visible from one of the busiest two-lanes in town. They've got a tent, a bonfire and an altar. They're also in the midst of a 30 hour fast that ends tonight at 6. We're taking them peanut butter rice crispy treats for when the fast ends. The vigil ends at sunrise on Easter morning.
I hope that Easter brings joy and renewal to your heart! It's a day of hope! Blessings to each of you!
1 comment:
Don't you love the Youth? I feel sometimes that they hold themselves to a higher "discipline" than the adults do. I miss them dearly. Glad to hear things went so well and that they had some visitors stop in.
Post a Comment