Sunday, March 09, 2008

What's Going on in China

As those of you on this same journey can attest to, the actions of the Chinese government can often be bewildering, confusing and often beyond our ability to grasp.

Beijing is obviously focused now on getting things ready for the Olympics (starting 8-8-8). They are spiffing the place up, trying to clear up the pollution problem, and oh yeah... this.

As I told Missy, we may need to bring back more than just a child from China.

4 comments:

Terry said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This is just terrible! I'm sure it would be very difficult to rescue them and bring them to the U.S. Just TERRIBLE!!!
love ya'll!
GTT

alisa said...

Shameful...and I'll leave it at that. A good friend of mine lives in China, and she said that once a month they have stand-in-line day (but it's on a volunteer basis), as China preps for their August co-hab with the rest of the world.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad. My heart breaks looking at those pictures.
karen

Three Gals and a Guy said...

How sad...I feel so sheltered in the US of A although I find plenty of things to complain about. Thanks for sharing-Mandy