
Today is the one month anniversary of our LID. YAY!! One month down, who knows how many more to go on this journey. The consensus among the rumor community is that the wait will extend to 3 years. Some people have asked if that means we will get a 3 year old child. The simple answer is no. You are not matched with a baby as soon as you are logged in and then wait to get to the front of the line and go get her. It means our baby hasn't been born yet. When our dossier gets to the front of the line, the CCAA looks at the babies they have available at that time and matches us with one of them. So, when our child is referred to us, she'll probably be 9-10 months old. We'll get her a couple of months later, making her about 1 year old when she's placed in our arms. So, that's how it works. Thanks for traveling this road with us.
2 comments:
Congrats on getting that first month under your belt!
We've had several people ask that same question...will we get an older child. I like the way you explain it...when I try explaining, most people end up looking at me like I have 2 heads! ;-)
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!! When I have talked about you and the wait, people ask me that exact question!! Now I have a great way of explaining it!!
So...when do you leave for Europe?? We will be thinking of you!! We would love for you to keep us posted with your journies while you are gone
Love,
Misty
Post a Comment