This is SO wild!! I got an email last Friday from my editor at NPR. He only sent it to a few reporters in his region who he felt would be good candidates for a fellowship that would involve a one-week study tour of Europe. The fellowship focuses on agriculture issues and is put on by the German Marshall Fund. I found out today that I've been selected to go! The preliminary itinerary is amazing! Leave the states on Saturday May 26th and fly into Krakow, Poland on May 27th. Stay there for a couple of days, then it's on to Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris!! I'm so pumped about this!! I only wish I had known about it further in advance so I could savor the build up and anticipation (does that sound weird?!?!). We had a garage sale this weekend and we were going through some old stuff. We found this tiny hair dryer I bought in Steinheim, Germany when I was staying at a B&B there in 2003 that didn't provide hair dryers (heck, the toilet wasn't even in the room...as you can tell, it doesn't take much for me to feel like I'm "roughing" it). I told Brad we shouldn't sell the dryer because I might need it if I got selected for this fellowship...so, whip out the hair dryer, baby, cause here I come!!
Please pray I have a safe, educational, productive, wonderful trip. I'm so thankful God has given me this amazing opportunity!!
5 comments:
m's-----europe!great! can you stuff B. in the carry-on? wowser! loveya---m0m
That's so awesome!!! I'm jealous!!! Feel free to try to find a fellowship somewhere in Asia next time!!! Congrats! This is so awesome!!!! Pick me up some weiner schnitzel!
That is awesome!!! I lived in Europe for 5 years, but was too young to remember. I would love to go again!!!
Hey Miss! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sooooo proud of you!!!! What a terrific opportunity!WHOOHOO!!!!
Love you! Terry
Wow, that is awesome! Hope you have a great time!!!
Post a Comment