*Yesterday evening, he found a feather small white feather in the floor from our bedding and said, "Mommy, it's a cat feather. Throw it away."
*Zeke's new favorite game is falling on a stack of pillows. I seem to recall liking this same game when I was a kid.
*Zeke has nearly memorized a poem that I had memorized when I was little--"The Moon" by Robert Louis Stevenson. Zeke calls it the bat poem.
*We've made some progress on the potty front but it seems like every time we take a step forward, we take two back. *sigh* We still aren't insisting or making a big fuss over it, but we're strongly encouraging him to go. There's a 99 cent truck at Target with his name on it as soon as he takes his potty skills to the next level.
*At school yesterday, they had the bounce house up and going. I arrived to pick up Zeke just as he was getting his turn. Of course, I let him go at it for about 10 minutes. Then, the teacher was asking the kids to rotate out so others could have a turn. Zeke came out willingly and then I told him it was time to go. The fit that followed was one of the worst ever. In fact, even though I normally do not give in to that kind of behavior, he was so "beside himself" with fit pitching that I couldn't get him in his car seat to leave. So, we walked back inside and I asked if he could get in the bounce house again. The teacher said yes. Zeke literally gets in for 10 seconds and says it's "hurting" him. I asked him where it hurt and he just got out without answering. I said, "You don't want to play in the bounce house?" "No. Wanna go." So, we go out to the van. By the time I get him in his car seat and start to back out, the fit is back in full force, as though I have once again denied him access to the bounce house. I reminded him that he was the one who didn't want to stay. Well, the crying and snotting continued until I could get to McDonald's and get him a milk and some fries.
2 comments:
Ok Zeke,I am sure the cats in Kingsport have feathers too. Love you G-P Ron....
Cat feathers.....maybe that's why I'm so allergic to those critters!?!?
Post a Comment