AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! We are so excited!! We got the call yesterday and we sprung into action immediately. Even though things were not confirmed, Brad and I had talked about how to handle it if we did get to go. Sweet Brad is taking today off from work to clean and get things in order for his mom's stay at our house. She arrives tomorrow morning! Please pray for TT's safe travels, for our safe travels, for great weather, smooth flights, uneventful travel, and on time travels. ALSO, pray now that we pass court on the 8th. That will be HUGE! It's a major milestone for our adoption to pass court.
Brad's great aunt Teenie and Mammy called last night to say how excited they are for us. I totally choked up as Teenie told me all the people she had asked to pray for us. Of course, our families are praying. My friend Kelley in California has activated her prayer chain. My bestest friend in the world Katie and her family are praying for us. Our church family has us wrapped in love and prayers. The America World yahoo group is praying, our local adoption friends are praying, I know so many of you are praying. Honestly, people...it makes me tear up just thinking about it! THANK YOU!!
So, ever since last Friday when we found out we might be traveling on the 4th, we've been prepping Zeke about our trip and the fact that he'd be at home with TT. We've also talked to him about making good choices while TT's in charge. He asked us if TT could give time outs. We said yes, if you make bad choices TT can give time outs. We have told him that TT will likely have treats for him and when we bring up TT's arrival, he always says, "And cars and trucks?" He's so sweet. It really struck my heart last night how hard it's going to be to leave my sweet Zeke for a little over two weeks. I know he'll be in excellent hands but I'll just miss him, plain and simple. Thank goodness for Skype!
5 comments:
Missy,
So HAPPY for you guys. It's crazy to think that you'll be with little Quilla soon.
Amy :)
AP to Camdyn, Langson
Congratulations on meeting your new daughter!!!!!!!
I have nothing to say but WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
Crystal in KY
that's awesome Missy. I've been praying for all you guys and cannot wait to hear how the trip goes.
emily nash harper
I sure hope Bradford cleans those baseboards good!! I will be doing the white glove test......NOT! It's just me! And I "ain't" that clean!! Do NOT clean up for my visit because Zeke and I plan on messing everything up again! See ya tomorrow am. (Lord willing and the creek don't rise)
Post a Comment