Sunday, June 13, 2010

How God Encouraged Me This Weekend

I'm so glad that God speaks to us in creative ways. Wouldn't it get boring if God only had one way of doing things?!?!

So, yesterday, we headed to Wal-Mart. We needed essentials like milk and cat litter. I noticed that there were a lot of adult clothes on sale. I wondered if any of the kids clothing was on sale because we're planning to take clothes and other donations with us to Ethiopia for the kids at the transition homes our agency runs and for the Into the Streets ministry (see link on our sidebar).

I wandered toward the racks of sale clothes. (I love sales anyway, and I figured that buying on sale would allow me to buy more for less.) So, I saw some boy shirts with Toy Story and GI Joe characters on them. Not exactly what I had in mind. Then I saw these shirts:





YES! I was practically in tears thinking about how perfect these shirts about AFRICA and its ANIMALS would be for little kids IN AFRICA! Plus, they were only $3 each. Well, I bought six shirts in different sizes. I cannot wait to give these and other donations to the children in Ethiopia!!

Our church is doing a donation drive for the kids in Ethiopia. There was an awesome write up about it in the church newsletter this week. Our pastor said this could be the start of an ongoing ministry where our church sends donations with every family that adopts overseas! YES! If you're interested in helping with donations, you can contact me at zekeandlilysmom at gmail dot com or donate directly to Into the Streets by clicking on the button on the sidebar. We (all of us!) are called to be the hands and feet of Christ!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey neato-------------today at church, a lady from KENYA told her story of growing up struggling with all kinds of abuse in different homes and on the streets till she decided to commit suicide and while she was waiting for night to come to jump off a bridge to the alligators, she saw a religous meeting happening in a park and she walked over to it, and it was like the preacher read her intentions, after the sermon she accepted christ and the people in that church helped her. her heart was heavy for the street kids and she now has a home with 50 kids from the streets. our church sponsors the home. she said they had been giving up a meal a day to sacve money to buy them a van. our pastor said the church would finish paying for the van . the title of today's sermon was Radical Makeover-------what mission has God given you? think about it. loveya-m0m

Anonymous said...

you know what i'm thinking don't you? :)
-uncle t

Ryan and Ashlie said...

What a great find!!! The kiddo are going to LOVE them! =) Ashlie
www.fulmerstory.blogspot.com