.jpg)
Missy's Cheese Souffle (click here for recipe)
With a brand new set of pots and pans (thanks, Mom!), I decided one of my new year's resolutions would be making more food at home. Not just the usual stuff...but stuff you might see on the Food Network (for those of you who have cable....we don't). Anyway, I saw two recipes in the October issue of O Magazine that looked tempting. The first seemed the easiest: a skillet of potatoes and garlic (recipe here). The second was a cheese souffle (recipe here). The potatoes did not turn out the way the recipe described. Not sure what I did wrong. It obviously requires infinitely more skill than I have in the kitchen. Even though they didn't look like the photo, the potatoes did end up being garlic-y and tasty. Not bad, even though they looked awful. I figured since the potatoes were a disaster, the cheese souffle would be awful. However, I did two souffles in ramekins and both turned out very well. One was much fluffier than the other (too much folding with the egg whites) but otherwise, they both tasted delicious. I used Irish white cheddar as my grated cheese. I think that made a HUGE difference.
1 comment:
Ambitious recipes Missy. I congratulate you for trying souffle (one of my favorite foods!!!)
Post a Comment