Friday, January 15, 2010

Waterbug

Zeke is a total water bug. We went back to the pool yesterday afternoon. He LOVES it. He is seriously trying to swim. He likes to put his face in the water, which nearly gives me a heartache because I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the whole "hold your breath" thing. I tried to explain it to him. And thanks to our dear friend Kelley, he is still practicing blowing bubbles. But he gets really wild and will thrash around until his head bobs under water. Sometimes, he comes up smiling and blinking. Sometimes, he comes up sputtering and choking. Like I said, it scares me to death. And we're sitting in the shallowest end of the baby pool for all this. I can't even take him into the big pool anymore because he wiggles and tries so hard to get out of my arms. I would love to get him in swimming lessons soon. We will look into it for sure.

His eyes were crossing less and in a less pronounced way yesterday (thank you, Lord!) but we are still planning to see the opthamologist on the 26th. Continue to pray.

No comments: