One year ago today, we received the email letting us know we were cleared to go adopt Zeke. It was the final hurdle we had to pass before traveling. I can't even describe to you the utter relief I felt in seeing that email. It was like a huge weight had been lifted. The email arrived on a Monday and we were on a plane that Friday. What a whirlwind the last year has been! This is the first of several "one year ago today" posts to mark the first anniversary of the events that brought our family together.
Zeke and I had a nice day yesterday. I was off work. We ran some errands, went to a park, and waited for Da-da to get home. He was able to work a short day so we enjoyed a nice afternoon once he got home. We had a gift certificate to Build-A-Bear. Brad thought building a stuffed animal would be a nice way to celebrate all these one year anniversaries related to Zeke's arrival. So, we went and in the end, Zeke chose a tiger. He watched the lady at the store stuff it and he helped pick out a heart that got sewn into the tiger. Since he got a tiger (and we had plenty left over on our gift card), we decided to outfit the tiger in a Mizzou football uniform, complete with miniature football and helmet. Zeke was quite amused by all this, especially by the little football. Of course, we named the tiger Truman (after Mizzou's mascot) and Zeke held him all the way home. I'll have to post a photo of Truman later today. He's quite cute!
With Labor Day behind us, it seems more official that we're moving away from summer and into fall. The weather here has been fall-like for several weeks now. Nice!
1 comment:
how neato!! i can see z-b taking it all in. loveya-m0m
Post a Comment