Monday, August 04, 2008

Passports Are Almost Home

I was pleased and relieved to see that our return Fedex package is back in town. It left San Fran Friday evening. When I left work Friday, there was no update for our tracking number so I was the tiniest bit concerned. I mean, just try mailing off your passports mere weeks before an international trip. You'll know what I mean! Anyway, this morning, the tracking number showed that the envelope containing our passports (and Vietnam visas!) is back here in town. I will watch the website closely because I'm guessing they'll be delivering it to our home sometime today.

We had a fun weekend complete with a (free!) visit to Silver Dollar City and the outlet mall. I didn't do much buying but it was fun to look since a lot of summer clothing was on sale. I'm glad we got to Silver Dollar City early because it was so hot! Today, the heat index is supposed to get up to 105!! (Sandra and Benedicte, how's the heat in Europe?) Oh yeah. I rode the "Thunderation" roller coaster with Brad. It's a wooden one that jerks you around but there weren't any loops. As soon as the ride started, I realized, "I'm too old for this" and "Brad will have to do most of the roller coaster riding with Zeke." Brad proceeded to ride the "Powder Keg" which is a very, very fast coaster with massive hills. I had ridden that one before and declined to get on it this time. As Brad put it when he got off the Keg, "That was intense."

On the Zeke front...I'm torn between two mindsets. On the one hand, I feel like I should be saying, "Ok. For real now. We really are close!" And on the other hand, I feel like I should say, "We probably won't travel until September." Why? Well, we really are now "in the zone" in the sense that we are in the final month of the prescribed wait. So, we are close. But it's very possible that approval won't come until the end of August or sometime in September. I'm just trying to prepare myself and all of you for that very real possibility. It's the not knowing that's hard.

I can't let myself "go there" very often in terms of imagining Zeke because it's just too hard. When I start to think about him crawling around, sitting up, babbling, well, I just get upset that we're not there NOW. So, I'm trying to just focus on getting ready and all the things I need to do here. And there's still plenty to do so I will work on keeping myself busy and enjoying our weekends until that magical email arrives.

1 comment:

Jen Lee Reeves said...

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!