Thursday, August 07, 2008

It's a "God Thing"

I had lunch today with a group of ladies from the local League of Women Voters. We meet every three months for lunch to work on the radio program they produce in cooperation with my station. We had lunch in the very room where we had my baby shower (they didn't know that though). Anyway, as we were waiting for people to come in, I was telling one of them about the Zeke wait and how it's just getting hard at this point to wait and in walks Kay, a really cool lady who is in her 60's and is a member of the group. I could see Kay had on some kind of really cool bracelet. I said, "Kay! Let me see that cool bracelet." Without hestitation, she took it off, handed it to me and said, "Try it on. See if it fits." I slipped it on. I could see that it had a picture of a cross, Jesus, Mary and other religious figures on it. When I had it on my wrist she said, "You wear that until Zeke comes home and I think it's going to be soon. I knew there was a reason I wore that today." WOW! I said, "Ok. Thanks!!" And we went on with the meeting. Afterwards, we were walking out to our cars and I laughed and said, "Kay, I can't help but feel like I've appropriated your bracelet. I didn't mean to take it from you when I complimented you on it." She said, "I don't think either one of us thought about it. There was someone else at work in that exchange." I told her it was a "God Thing." She agreed and we hugged.

("It's a God Thing" is a phrase coined my co-worker Barb, the one who gave me her candleholder today. It's a way to recognize that something really awesome has happened between two people and there's no explanation other than God was at work--It's a God Thing!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's such a cute thing!

Anonymous said...

SUDDENLY_________BE AMAZED!!!! loveya--m0m