Friday, August 22, 2008

Missy and Miss America


I met Miss America 1967 tonight. She was lovely and gracious. She was even kind enough to take a photo with me! I went to her house to record an inteview for NPR. Her farewell speech at the pageant in 1968 was interrupted by women's lib protesters. It was so interesting to hear her stories.

1 comment:

LauraPBS said...

Missy-

I am so sorry about what has happened - USCIS really is awful and uncaring. I was away for a week and so hoping you would have your approval when I got back. That absolutely sucks.

No consolation, I know, but our Olivia was 11 months when we got her and she is a developmental gem. (104 days I-600 approval wait) I have heard similar stories of LS babies who were 14 or 15 months. Everything will be ok for you guys - I really think so. They truly love and nurture the babies there. Please e-mail me and I will give you my phone # if you ever want to chat/vent/cry LauraPBS!(at)yahoo.com.
Good luck - lots of people are pulling for you....
Laura
PS - I am a HUGE NPR fan - so cool that you do stories for them!