We're looking forward to our brief getaway today. I think it will be even more pleasant than last time because it won't be quite as hot.
Someone shared this verse recently to families waiting to adopt:
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3
Other randomness:
A gigantic praying mantis has been stalking the back door of the radio station. I am scared of the things, with their giant bodies and big alien heads. Liz here at work thinks it's cool. I've teased her about "her pet." I told her if she wants to keep bringing it to the office, she needs to put a leash on it or keep it in its cage. I also suggested she put out water and food bowls for it since it's too busy "guarding" our back door to hunt for food.
Brad wants to see "Clone Wars" this weekend. I think we may go see it tomorrow.
I am optimistic about next week. It's just a good feeling I have. Yep, that's the way to ensure we DON'T get approval next week...feel good about it...HAHAHA!
1 comment:
dude, you all should totally make that mantis a pet. They are carnivorous little predators... Have you ever seen the email where a mantis caught and was eating a humming bird?
think about the functions that the mantis may be provided to you.. Keeping other nasty insects out of your office, controling pests, etc. Top predator provide important ecosystem functions that we depend on! LOVE IT!
Also, you know that when they mate that the female often will bite the male's head off in mid hump, then she eats him. I've read that by bighting the head off the male, it reduces any timidness that the male has with a head... so he "gets done faster" and she gets his sperm and a meal faster.
I know I'm a nerd... but as mammy used to say "That's one of God's little creatures"
trav
Post a Comment