Monday, September 10, 2007

Sweet Day

We had a wonderful anniversary last week. Brad wrote me a love letter, one of the best gifts I've ever gotten! I got him some "daddy" stuff: a couple of "daddy and me" books to share with Zeke and a t-shirt that says "Ba" which is daddy in Vietnamese.

Our weekend was good. We had a delicious and romantic dinner Friday night. That was fun! Brad had to work Saturday and Sunday so that was a bummer. I went to church last night to be a small group leader for the youth. It was a lot of fun. Brad will be doing this too but he had to be at work last night. Anyway, I worked with 7th and 8th grade girls. They were attentive and engaged in our discussion. I really had a great time!

We continue to wait on the federal paperwork. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the request arrived at the USCIS office. I kind of wish the bar had not been set so high in March (we got it in 13 days!) because now it's harder to wait. If you're wondering what this "federal paperwork" is all about...We are merely asking them to switch countries for us. Back in March, the US government approved us to adopt from China and sent notice of our approval to us and Guangzhou. Now, we're asking them to let us adopt from Vietnam. They'll send approval notices to Hanoi and to us. We can't send our paperwork to Vietnam until we get our copy of the approval. We would not expect to have any problems since we've already been approved once and we know we meet the qualifications to adopt from Vietnam. So, the wait continues...

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

You will absolutely LOVE working with the youth. We have done it the last 2 years with the freshman. We're hoping to start back up again 2nd semester after the baby comes and we get a little more settled. I think the kids were more of a blessing to us than we to them! We'll keep our fingers crossed that your paperwork comes in the mail very soon!