Friday, August 10, 2007

Good Morning Vietnam!!


We have some big news! After much prayer and discussion, Brad and I have decided to adopt a baby boy from Vietnam!! YAY!! We are SOOOO excited!!

Some FAQs:
Q. Does this mean you won't be adopting Lily from China?
A. No!! That's the really great thing. We can "stay in line" for Lily through the China adoption process while moving forward with an adoption from Vietnam. Lily will be our second baby instead of our first.

Q. Did I read that right? You're getting a boy?
A. Yes! We are requesting a boy. The situation in Vietnam is the exact opposite of the situation in China. China has an abundance of abandoned baby girls and Vietnam has an abundance of abandoned baby boys.

Q. So, when do you get your little guy?
A. We hope and pray that we get to travel to Vietnam in December or January. We are compiling our dossier right now. It's not nearly as extensive as China's so we hope to be done in a few weeks.

Q. When will you get a photo and info on your baby boy?
A. Our agency said that we should get a baby referred to us within 60 days of sending our dossier to Vietnam. I'm hoping the timing will work out so that we get to see our little guy for the first time in October, close to Brad's birthday...of course, sooner than that would be fine too!

Q. How old will the baby be?
A. The baby could be as young as 3-4 months old. We won't know til we get our referral.

Q. How long will you be in Vietnam?
A. Our agency is telling us to prepare to be there for three weeks. That sounds like a long time but you get your baby right away and then spend MOST of the rest of the trip sightseeing (cool!). There are various appointments you have that are spread out over a couple of week to finalize the paperwork. The entire process (from Giving and Receiving--the official ceremony where you get your baby to flying home) should be three weeks.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions. Let me know what other questions you might have. While Lily's name came to us easily, we are having a lot of discussion about names for our baby boy. So stay tuned for a "Name Game" post.

4 comments:

Mrs. Misty said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you know that Joel and I are very excited for you!!!! We can hardly wait to meet your little guy!!!
Love,
Misty

Laura said...

I'm so excited for you both!!! That's so awesome about your decision to adopt your SON from Vietnam!! Can't wait to hear all the details.

GLS said...

We're so excited for you guys! Can't wait to follow you on this journey. Like my mom said...we all will look like the United Nations on our play dates!! How fun!!!
Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy,

Hello from the Endo group!! I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations on your decision!!! You have been so faithful and patient. I hope God blesses you quickly with your son. This is so AWESOME! First Misty and Joel, now you two!! HURRAY!! Can't wait to hear the name.

Crystal