Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's the heat...the humidity (said with a "Deep South" accent)

Yes, it's still oppressively hot where we are. I spent yesterday evening staining a bookcase that I got in college. We've had it and used it but I had never gotten around to painting or staining it. I thought I was going to pass out from the fumes!! Gag! But in the end, it turned out very well! I'm letting it air out in the garage before moving it into the house. I did this while Brad was at rehearsal, even though it turned out, he didn't need to be there.

Can I just say that there's NOTHING on TV in the summer? At least a couple of summers ago, you had the premiere of Dancing With the Stars with Peterman from Seinfeld (or am I just imagining that that show was a summer program?). The episode of Last Comic Standing was kind of amusing last night. But maybe it only seemed funny because I was still high on the fumes from the bookcase.

We did go see Bourne Ultimatum this weekend. A most excellent suspense movie! Brad and I like to make fun of Matt Damon (think Team America) but you have to hand it to the guy...He's really, really good in the Bourne series. We are a couple of "Johnny Come Latelys" when it comes to Jason Bourne but we're definite converts. These are fun movies with good twists and turns. Highly recommended if you like international intrigue, espionage, etc.

No comments: