Friday, August 31, 2007

Weekend Warriors

We actually don't have plans for the weekend except the usual assortment of aerobics and church. We might go see a flick at the cheap theatre tonight...The Stephen King movie about the haunted hotel room is playing. I read the short story on which the movie is based several years ago and really enjoyed it. John Cusack stars (he'll never top his role in Being John Malkovich).

I emailed some friends involved in China adoption and asked if they had heard anything about the processing time for paperwork in KC. Just trying to adjust my expectations for the wait on the new I-171H. They hadn't heard anything. With the new, tighter restrictions for China adoptions and some other info I'm gathering, it seems like they shouldn't be too busy at the KC office...but one never knows. Will continue to keep you posted. It will be hard going TWO days without mail: Sunday and Labor Day. At least I'm supposed to be off on Labor Day. I might end up working though as I'm trying to get another story ready for NPR. We'll see...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: