I may have swine flu but I'm in denial. I had a fever over 101 last night so just to be safe, I'm home from work today. I work with a couple of people who try to avoid getting sick at all costs because of some past medical issues and I sure don't want to expose them to my germs. As long as I keep up on the ibuprofen, I don't feel too horrible. More tired than anything. All three of us slept well last night. Zeke made it through the night in his crib and only required attention one time. That's a huge improvement and a sure sign he's getting better. He still has some wicked congestion in his nose and a junky-sounding cough. He is not wheezing when he breathes. I've asked his doctor's nurse to call us this morning to see what she advises. He had this congestion before he got the flu. Now that the flu is gone, we need to get this other stuff taken care of. Let's hope this is the only time we all get sick this winter. Wishful thinking, right? Brad's on meds for his ear, which he says still feels stopped up.
On the plus side, I feel confident that even if this is the flu, I will be much better by mid-week since the fever seems to only last a few days. I'm heading to Dallas on Friday for a conference. I'll be back Sunday. Pray that I'll be completely better by then. And also pray that Brad does not get this junk. So far, it seems he has not had the flu and we hope it stays that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment