We're going to see New Moon tonight. I have looked forward to this since I first saw Twilight in the theater last year. The Twi book series/movies is one of only a few guilty pleasures I have these days...but it's a GREAT one.
I have to confess that every time we set up a date night, I feel a little twinge of guilt. How could I hand Zeke over to someone else while I go out and have fun? What kind of mommy am I?!?!? But...I've come to realize that occasional date nights are a must for maintaining a sane mommy and daddy. Being able to eat in a restaurant without the tension of getting Zeke to eat, sit quietly and not throw food is an amazing luxury. I do enjoy eating out with Zeke and most of the time, he behaves beautifully. But there's something relaxing about being at a restaurant, just you and your husband.
The sitter usually comes over between 5 and 6. Considering that Zeke goes to bed around 7:30, this means we're missing, at most, 2 and a half hours with him. Am I the only one who obsesses over this? I should also say that Zeke really seems to enjoy being with his babysitters. He creates some drama when we they arrive and we leave but when I call to check on him 30 minutes later, he's always fine. We rotate between three great gals who sit for us. Two are in high school and one is my sister's age. I think having trustworthy, reliable sitters makes it easier to do this too...still...the guilt!!
1 comment:
ms------yes you are the only one obsessing. better watch B., make sure he doesn't miss z. so much that he starts throwing his food like shel does since you yung'uns aren't here to do it. haaaaaahaaaaaa enjoy the full moon new moon or whatever. hey, yeah watch out for the furry tongue, it's a rarity. take the med. , you have had pen. all your life for strep. loveya- m0m
Post a Comment