Sunday, November 08, 2009

Is Z's Mom sick now?

Ugg...I have felt bad on and off this weekend. I thought it was allergies. My usual cadre of allergy meds combined with some ibuprofen kept me feeling well enough to go to church this morning to sing for Adoption Sunday. But by mid-afternoon, I was feeling pretty yuck. I can't believe this is the flu because I expected to feel much, much worse. On the other hand, Zeke played and was mostly cheerful through his flu ordeal...who knows. Prayers will be appreciated.

We had Adoption Sunday at church today and it was such a blessing to be a part of it. I heard that two families who were just starting to think about adopting signed up for our new adoption support network. How exciting! I had the privilege of sharing my adoption testimony in the contemporary service. Well, naturally, I choked up when I talked about seeing Zeke's photo for the first time and how perfect he is for our family. I tried to drive home one point: If God is calling you and your family to adopt a child, God will make clear the path, remove all obstacles, and will open doors for you. It was so great to talk about how all these doors miraculously opened once we started to pursue an adoption from Vietnam. Amazing! I could give you example after example of God confirming our path and meeting our every need on the journey. And the Ethiopia adoption has been "easy" (so far) compared to Vietnam. That's been a real blessing. And you know what? If it does get hard, God will be there in those times too.

No comments: