Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sonic Boom!

I camped out for about half an hour on the roof of a parking garage today, waiting to hear and see the space shuttle as it re-entered earth's atmosphere. I heard and felt a sonic boom and its echo a few minutes before noon. Very cool!! Of course, I had my recorder with me and we're going to use the sound on our newscast this afternoon. I never did see the shuttle...just lots of airplanes. It was a beautiful blue sky, no clouds but it was quite cold.

Well, I keep saying that we could get Zeke's photo any day now and that's true. But I'm also trying to remind myself that we may not get a baby matched to us until December. I know that when it happens, it will be the child who is meant to be ours so that's why I'm not getting all worked up about the wait (plus, this is a cake walk compared to the wait for Lily). For anyone who's keeping track, it's been 26 days since our dossier was logged in by Vietnam. Zeke has surely been born and we just pray that he's doing well, wherever he is!!

3 comments:

GLS said...

I heard the boom too! Pretty cool!! I keep checking your blog with the thought that at any moment you could be getting Zeke's photo! How exciting!!
Love,
Laura

Laura said...

Very cool about the sonic boom there.... you get a feeling for what it's like here in the Cape Canaveral area. :)

I really hope you get your referral for Zeke very very soon. I'm sure the waiting is driving you crazy!!

Mrs. Misty said...

Zeke is constantly in my thoughts. God knows which little baby boy is meant to be yours. The wait isn't always easy, but once he arrives, you will forget all about the time!!
Love You,
Misty