At the urging of a recent issue of Prevention magazine, I purchased some "natural" peanut butter. Supposedly, it's rich in good fat and protein and lacking in the nasty hydrogenated fats. If you look at the jars of natural PB in the store, you'll see that oil collects at the top of the jar. So, I got it home and was reading on the jar...It says it's normal for oil to collect on the top. It says to stir it up and then put it in the refrigerator. Huh?!?! Well, I did and it tastes good. It's definitely missing a certain "je ne sais quoi"...Actually, I know exactly what it's missing: tons o' sugar. It's still good though.
Brad has taken issue with my proclamation that we could get matched with our child "any day now." While it's true that we are inside the window when we would expect to get the call and it could come any day now, it also might not happen until well into December (hey, December 1 is only 2 weeks and 2 days away). So, I just wanted to make sure that you guys understand where we are in the wait. We won't be shocked if the call doesn't come until December. We want you guys to understand that we'll just have to wait and see...this is fun, isn't it?!?!
8 comments:
I voted for next week on your referral! (Was I the only one??) So I am still keeping my finger crossed!!! While you are waiting, give extra hugs to "your boys"!
I agree on the peanut butter. Gross looking, texture isn't the best (i like thick and crunchy) but it does taste ok.
Hugs!
Crystal
I am waiting for the call from you to tell me that you have gotten the call about Zeke!!! This precious little boy will be here before you know it!!
Love,
Misty
been buying "natural" peanut butter for years. if you don't like the taste of just crushed peanuts and salt i suggest buying Smucker’s Natural PB with Honey - if you find the Smuckers natural line make sure you look for the one with honey. in fact, after you're done with the peanut butter goodness, the glass jars make awesome water classes. That’s all I have used for glasses the past 7 years, in fact. reuse, reduce, etc. another recommendation if you can find it is Peanut Butter & Co. This brand has all kinds of yummy flavors without hydrogenated oil - dark chocolate, cinnamon raisin swirl, and white chocolate. You can find it in regular grocery stores for about $3.50 a jar, but I saw some price gouging going on up in PA once – they were asking $8 a jar!!
that's water glasses not classes.
http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/
http://www.smuckers.com/fg/peanutbutter/default2.asp?groupid=2&catid=11&prodid=489
We made the peanut butter switch about a year ago... the only bad part is getting it all mixed up! Can't wait to see sweet little Zeke's face!!
Love,
Laura
Who knew people were so passionate about PB?!?! LOL!!
Crystal-I think you and my mother-in-law voted for next week!! I also have had a "gut feeling" that we'd get the call the week of Thanksgiving...We'll see if we're right!
Trav-Thanks for all the great PB info! I bought Smuckers...I'll see about giving the other brands and flavors a whirl.
Miss
Hi! I had to comment on the PB issue as well. I grew up on Smuckers Natural PB and for a long time, Cam wouldn't even eat a PB&J with any other type of PB. He's less of a PB snob these days.
A little tip about the oil: I store my peanut butter jars upside down until I need them. That way the oil settles at the bottom of the jar. It makes it easier to mix and it makes sure the PB at the bottom of the jar is as oily as the stuff at the top!
Post a Comment