Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A dirty secret of some journalists...

Faced with the harsh realities of news, many of us journalists like to read what I call "trash mags" in our free time. It's true! One of the big treats I allow myself when we go on vacation is the latest issue of Us or People or Star. When I go to the gym and hop on the treadmill, many miles get whiled away reading one of these rags. At a wedding for fellow journalists this weekend, I was talking to some of my colleagues about this. They too were ashamed (tongue-in-cheek) of their indulgences but felt it was necessary to relieve their brains of stress by reading about the latest antics of Brittney (did I even spell her name right?) and Paris or the fashion faux pas of Jennifer Lopez. One journalist even admitted to using code when talking about buying the trash mags. She called it "getting the papers." How funny! I tell Brad that I feel like my IQ temporarily drops after reading some of these really obnoxious articles. But hey, it's fun!! Hope you take time to indulge once in a while!

No comments: