Brad made it back to the US safely this weekend. I'm still here and I
get to see Quilla every day. I love it!! Ethiopia is amazing. The
people are so expressive and kind. The worst part about still being
here is missing Zeke. I miss him like crazy. He's doing well and I
know that he and Daddy are having some good bonding time so, I try not
to worry. Quilla is getting better, though she's still on
antibiotics. She was off the IV for a couple of days, switched to
injectibles. However, she has virtually no fat on her legs so they
put her back on IV. When she was off the IV, I put her on her back on
a mattress and put a toy just out of reach. She rolled over so she
could get her toy! It's so good to see her progress. Also, she's
"talking" so much more now than she did when we first got here. I
sing to her a lot, we look at touch and feel books everyday, and I've
even introduced her to a baby doll. She likes the doll's hair best.
I think she's going to be teething soon. She's increasingly drooly.
Pray that we will get to bring her home sooner than any of us thought
possible!!
1 comment:
So glad to hear that Quilla is doing better! I know you are treasuring your time with her. I will continue to be in prayer for your whole family, for hearts full of courage and peace. Lots of love from MO!
Post a Comment