For those who don't know, we were able to bring Quilla home from Ethiopia this week. When we got there and met her on July 6th, we discovered she was sick with pneumonia, coughing and gasping for air. This was the third or fourth time at least that she had developed pneumonia. The AWAA staff members in Ethiopia agreed to do what they could to get her home as soon as possible. After much prayer and fasting, many expedited steps, and miraculous events, we were granted her visa and we arrived in the states Thursday. A visit to our pediatrician yesterday and another x-ray confirms she has pneumonia...again. This is after just finishing 10 days of IV antibiotics. We are going to be seeing two specialists in the coming two weeks who will help us understand the underlying causes so we can treat those and take the appropriate steps to restoring her health. Despite having pneumonia, she is eating really, really well. At seven months, she weighs a smidge over 9 pounds. So, that is also a major concern. All of these health problems, including her low weight, are traceable to her laryngeal stridor. While it presents many concerns right now, she's expected to outgrow the condition and have no life long problems. In the meantime, we must do our best to prevent pneumonia and help her gain weight.
We appreciate your prayers as we begin our wonderful journey as a family of four and work toward making Quilla strong and healthy!!!
6 comments:
Wrapping this little one in prayer, as well as the rest of your family! What a beautiful new addition to your amazing little family. God bless!
We are thinking of you!! Wish we could have been at the airport to welcome you home!!! Your gorgeous family of 4 will be in our prayers!! We can't wait to meet Quilla!!
Love,
Joel, Misty, Garrett & Isabel
So happy Quilla is home where she can get the love, attention and medical care that will be necessary in the coming days. Seeing her already reaching for you, Missy and turning toward your voice was sooo amazing. You are most definitely in our prayers!
Love, Carol & John
It was so good to see you all home together. What a beautiful family! Keeping Baby Quilla in our prayers! See you all soon.
Love,
Greg,Laura & Anna
Missy,
I am so happy to hear that they let you bring your daughter home! I met your daughter on June 21 - the same day I met my daughter. Your daughter grabbed my fingers and looked so deep in my eyes. I knew she was very sick. I told the staff without much luck. I then talked with Ashley. She said you got a private nanny. I went back in and held her on the 22nd before taking my daughter home. She has a place in my heart. She was so tiny and so sweet - and fighting for her life. Please keep in touch and let me know how she is doing. I wish you all the best with her and I hope she gets better really soon.
Kelly Elliott - Klamath Falls, Oregon
OH YAY!!!! Quilla could not be in more loving care than with you and Brad, your friends and family. God has truly blessed you!
Crystal in KY
Post a Comment