
There have been several amusing things that have happened in connection with Quilla's homecoming. Here's a sampling:
*At the airport in Addis, a woman said my baby was so cute and then asked, "Is it a boy or a lady?" I said, "She's a girl." She said, "No. Boy or lady?" Polite smile..."Lady."
*Zeke has been concerned about Quilla's chicken pox. He calls them "chicken boo-boos." When we were at the doctor last Friday, Dr. Vo walked in the room, Zeke pointed to Quilla and said, "Fix it!"
*Zeke is so affectionate toward Quilla. He held her hand the whole way from the airport to home. So sweet!!!!
*Quilla does not like to be put down. She's getting better about hanging out in her high chair while I prepare her food. We bought her a cool bouncer to both entertain her while we do other essentials (ya know, like prepare her bottle!) and to build her leg muscles. She's getting used to it but is still not a big fan of it yet.
*Quilla LOVES to take a bath. At first, she wasn't into it but I could tell she wanted to like it because she was only half-crying. Well, now she totally digs it. Some days, she even gets two baths. One post breakfast to clean up for the day and an oatmeal bath before bed to help with her chicken boo-boos.
2 comments:
Quilla is gorgeous!!! I wish I could have been at the airport!!! I can't wait to see you guys and to get the kids together with Quilla!!!
Love,
Misty
I laughed out loud at Zeke's exclamation for the doc to "fix it!" What a caring, big brother! Quilla is gorgeous--look at those eyes! Praying for you everyday!!
~Katie D
Post a Comment