Sunday, July 04, 2010
Here We Go!
We are at the airport and just got checked in. We got no love from United when we checked in. We had one extra bag to check. We had not weighed our bags. I asked the woman if we could get a break on the bags because they were filled with donations for orphans. The gal was not sympathetic at all. (This is United, by the way.) She said it would cost $380 for the one extra bag, as though we would say, "Oh ok. The kids don't need formula so we'll just leave that extra bag here.". I told her it was fine because our church wa helping us pay for it. I also told her our travel agent hasaid the fee would be $200 for the extra bag. She said no. Well, when she went back to check, it was indeed $200. Then, we had not weighed our bags. So, I was prepared for excess weight fees too. God had already taken care of that detail! The bags came in at 49.5!!!!! One bag wa 50.5 but a different lady checking the bags said it was fine. We are so excited to see the other ways God will provide on our trip! We appreciate the prayers as we head out. I'm wearing one of adoption shirts destined by fellow adoptive parents Abby and Roger. The shirt has the number 7,990 over a graphic of Africa. That's the number of miles we'll ne traveling to get to our sweet Quilla!!! Pray for Zeke and TT too. I know they'll have fun but we will miss them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have tears of happiness for you guys as I read this post!! The best, most worthwhile 7,990 miles I ever traveled. I will pray for safe travels and a wonderful experience for you guys while in ET. God bless you guys and little Quilla!
While in country if you need any help or assistance at all, we have a wonderful, wonderful friend who lives there and was a God-send for us, and we still communicate on a regular basis. I would be more than happy to give you his name and number should you need it.
Congratulations again!
Words can't express my excitement for you guys! Go love on that sweet baby girl!
Praying,
Katie D
Post a Comment