Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Pa-pa

That's what Zeke calls the potty. We had a major potty victory last night. Don't want to go into the details here but any of you who have gone through the potty training stage with your kid know all about the major and minor victories. We celebrated by letting Zeke enjoy half of a little bag of M&Ms. (I hear many parents use M&Ms as the potty reward...maybe there's a new marketing campaign in there for the candy?)

I took Zeke trick-or-treating last night in one of the dorms on campus where I work. It was the annual "Halloween in the Halls" event. Zeke happily wore his lion costume. He seemed very intrigued by all the costumes he saw on the little kids and college kids. He even got to meet Batman and the Joker who were handing out candy on one of the floors. Zeke acted pretty stunned to see Batman in person! That was the real treat! It was also fun to hear all the female students oogling over Zeke and his cute costume. Zeke started to get the hang of things after the second floor. He would march up to the candy bowls and reach right in. He did really well when I said, "Only pick one please." He seemed to pick out mostly suckers, which I won't allow him to eat yet. He got some other candies though that are ok by me. His favorite was a little piece of chocolate in a foil wrapper with a football printed on the foil.

No comments: