I am not one to jump on to the boycott bandwagon. But I don't plan to see the Warner Brothers movie coming out this summer called "Orphan." It is a horror flick that centers around an older adopted child. While there can be serious issues and concerns with adopting older children, this movie leaves people with a very bad impression of what it means to adopt an older child. But the worst part? The movie's trailer included this line:
"It must be hard to love an adopted child as much as your own."
Are you kidding me? I can't BELIEVE anyone would think of marketing a movie with such an offensive and UNTRUE line. I can't imagine loving any child more than I love Zeke (and Quilla). Thanks to pressure from adoptive parents and foster parents, the studio re-cut the trailer and took the line out. I'm not sure if it's still in the movie or not.
2 comments:
That's crap. I think the scariest thing about this movie is the warped writers and producers. Whatev.
I JUST HOPE PEEPS DON'T GO SEE IT. WHAT WILL THEY COME UP WITH NEXT? G-P RON....
Post a Comment