Monday, June 29, 2009

Am I Just Cheap?

I don't think so, though I love a good bargain. I LOVE finding a steal. But when I came across shorts at Ann Taylor Loft (one of my favorite mall stores) and they cost nearly $50, I felt a bit of sticker shock. Maybe I don't value shorts. For me, they're what I bum around in over the weekend or throw on after work. So, they get a lot of wear but I just can't imagine spending $50 on one pair of shorts, something I can only wear for part of the year...dress pants for $50? Sure. A dress for $50? Sure. (Though, I reguarly find cute dresses and nice pants that are well below $50 on sale at Loft.) And lest I do sound like a cheap skate, I definitely splurge from time to time. Like last summer in Europe...I bought Zeke some REALLY CUTE outfits, including a Catimini outfit in Brussels. It just so happened that the Catimini boutique was right next door to our hotel. Anyway, back to the $50 shorts...is it just me or does that seem a bit steep to anyone else?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey-----stay cheap------those shorts don't look worth 50$ to me! go to target or sears (ha). loveya-m0m

Mrs. Misty said...

I don't know which shorts you were looking at....I got all of my shorts there right before vacation and they were around $29.00. What did they look like???? That is my favorite store, so I am very curious.
And YES it is OK to be cheap...I don't buy anything unless they are on sale!!
~Misty