Monday, March 09, 2009
Eat, baby, eat
Zeke goes through phases where he won't eat much. He's in one right now. We offer and offer and offer him food, all kinds of food and he just won't eat a lot. This is especially frustrating because he's getting weighed this Friday to see if his weight is up. The last time we saw the pediatrician, she told us to put him on two "fattening" baby shakes a day. Well, we can't even get him to drink one whole one. We started using the shakes to wet his oatmeal, instead of water but that doesn't work if he won't eat his oatmeal. He ate it this weekend with the shake mixed in and seemed to like it but then rejected it this morning. Yesterday, he didn't even eat a whole meal, though I offered him one of his favorites: mac and cheese. Please pray that he will open his mouth and belly and will eat. I don't know what to do. We have avoided loading him up on sweets because we don't feel that's healthy for him but if that's how people fatten up their kids, maybe that's what we should do. We add butter to everything he eats and we mix in sour cream, when appropriate. Any ideas?!?!?!?!?! I am about to panic over this!!!! Last week, I weighed Zeke and he was below 19 pounds. But when I weighed him this weekend, he was over 20. I'm happy his weight was up this last time but I know that it could go down again this week, especially if he continues to be a picky eater. This is so frustrating. HELP!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
m's----i sent you an email about z's eats and it was returned undel. so call me later today, i'll be in and out. loveya-m0m
i just read this in flag's weekly 'live':
http://www.flaglive.com/flagstafflive_story.cfm?storyID=192137
Garrett and Isabel both really LOVE ravioli. If Zeke likes mac and cheese, maybe he would like it. Both of them are also loving plain pancakes (no syrup) becuase they can feed them to themselves...with their fingers!!! I think I would try anything...that is what I do with Garrett, he goe through phases also.
~Misty
Missy---I do a lot of mashed potatoes with carrots, parsnips and cauliflower (makes it kind of sweet tasting)mixed into it and Colin loves it. I also do a lot of meat and potato and veg casseroles and stews that have a lot of flavors. Colin also loves spaghetti. I've been introducing him to a little salad w/dressing also. Colin hates mac n cheese - don't know why. He gets pancakes and french toast w/ a little syrup every so often, otherwise Colin gets no sugary stuff. Colin also likes quesedilla w/chicken. Hope this helps. Linda
Post a Comment